You may notice that accepting an enquiry results in a slightly higher response rating than when you reject it. This is to give consumers a clearer idea of which professionals are accepting more enquiries at the moment. Rejecting an enquiry will still boost your response rating, but by a smaller amount – as the consumer will need to wait longer before their enquiry is accepted.
Articles in this section
- What is the response rating?
- How does the response rating help consumers?
- What happens when I reject an enquiry?
- How is the response rating calculated?
- How often is the rating updated?
- Is it true that the fastest person to accept always gets the enquiry?
- Does the speed of response impact my rating?
- I am responding to all enquiries within the timeframe, but my rating has decreased slightly. Why?
- I haven’t received any enquiries recently. Will this affect my response rating?
- How can I change my rating?